THANKS: Thank you to Cat Sietkiewicz who led our service, Laura and Tom Holley for their message, Corey Leslie for coordinating the music team; Liat Keddie for telling us something of her faith story, Nathan Krelle and Krista Celle on audio/data; Sarah Vosti for bringing Supper and Andy Mitchell was the convener.
THIS SUNDAY: Em Fox is leading our service, and Nick Tuohy is speaking on A Disciple’s Party (Mark 2:13-17). Joshi Philip is coordinating the music team, Zach Moore and Amy Williams are on audio/data, Andy and Amy Hunter are bringing supper and Corey Leslie is the convener.
- GUYS WEEKEND FOR 2011,this weekend – 7th-9th of October – on the Murray, get there for all of it or just a bit.
- Katie Ward is in a circus show coming up and says, “It would be awesome to see lots of friendly NightChurch faces in the crowd. It’s on from Nov 2 to 5 at 8pm (additional matinee show on the 5th at 2pm). Tickets are $15 adult, $10 concession and $8 for groups of 8 or more. Reserve tickets by emailing Scapebookings@hotmail.com, or talk to Katie Ward. Tickets are selling fast so get your bookings in soon! It’s going to be AWESOME.”
WELCOME HOME – Good to see Dave Hore-Lacy back from his travels, and we look forward to hearing more about it soon.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO GREATER COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT?
- Kids Hope Australia (a World Vision initiative), a mentoring program helping Australian children needing additional support, and their families in education, self confidence and well being. Mentors offer friendship, and must strictly adhere to guidelines on respecting the secular nature of education. Nicholas Tuohy would love to talk with individuals or groups who may be interested: http://www.worldvision.com.au/ourwork/solutions/KidsHopeAus.aspx for more info.
- David McKeown suggested that some might like to join a Hawthorn West Baptist Church monthly BBQ team at Hamer Court, another initiative of Servants Community Housing, just across from Kew Cemetery. If you are interested, speak with David or attend the Carrical BBQ (on 22 October, 4.30pm) to see what is involved.
- 12 watts internship – a year at Camp Wilkin, Anglesea, in cooperation with Whitley College, training in theology, and options such as outdoor activities, catering, administration and maintenance. Contact Anglesea Baptist Camping, firstname.lastname@example.org, 5263 3222 or Whitley 9340 8100. www.abcamping.com.au.
- Temcare (the group with which Val McPherson has worked in fostering children) is a Christian Welfare Agency in Kew, and are offering a Part Time Social Work position to work in Respite Care. See www.temcare.org.au. Or ask Grace Munro for a copy of the email they sent.
- Boost Youth resumes on 14 October, Sunday School on 16 October. If you are interested in being involved, speak with James or Coby Docking for Boost Youth, or Jenn Trevaskis for SS
- Another opportunity on Sunday morning is to help residents of Karana (community of elderly people in Walpole St) get to their chapel service at 10.30am. If you would like to help with this, speak with Sarah Trebilcock.
Katie Ward has a room to rent over the summer from late November to late January in Balwyn. $120 per week, includes Internet, bills, etc. In Balwyn, close to shops, public transport, library, parks, etc. Contains two lovely housemates. If you or anyone you know is interested, let me know.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK: At www.bible.org you can find a large collection of materials to assist with Bible study and preparing sermons etc.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.