SUNDAY 1 JULY NIGHTCHURCH: Mel Hill is leading and we will celebrate the baptism of Nicholas Barclay, with Nicholas Tuohy as our speaker. Tom Holley is organising the music team, Coby Docking will lead in prayer, Andy Mitchell is the convenor, Phil Prior and Cail Rayment are on audio/data, and Sarah Vosti, Jade Davies and Danni Fransceschi is bringing Supper. Thanks everyone.
REMEMBER TO PRAY:
- Please remember to pray for Nicholas B in his ongoing walk with Jesus, and also Cail Rayment who will be baptised on 29 July.
- The church is working toward appointing an Associate Pastor, and a small discernment group met last week. Pray that God will lead them and the church clearly, and that we will be open to his leading. The group comprises Andy Mitchell, Amy Repse, Margaret Manley and Nicholas Tuohy.
MESSAGES: If you have missed recent messages about The Reason For God, have a look on the KBC website. Thanks to Paul Pallot for last week’s message.
CONGRATULATIONS: We extend congratulations to Steph Bowers who has announced her engagement to Tim. Steph is a former Intern here at Kew.
YOUNG ADULTS CAMP: The NightChurch team is thinking about the Young Adults Camp. Do you know a property with access to a kitchen, room for people to sleep (indoors, in tents), relatively cheap, and at a suitable location? The possibilities at the moment include Oct/Nov this year, or early 2013. If you know of a suitable spot, contact Corey Leslie.
OTHER CAMPS: James and Coby Docking are the directors at the ESA camp in Anglesea from 6 July – please pray for them and the team: Andy Mitchell, Crispin and Jono Newmarch, Dave and Sarah Powys, Abe Gunn, Luke Sexton, Sarah Vosti, Naomi Rock, Jacquie Johnson. Are you leading at a camp? Let us know so we can pray for you.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
· Phil Prior will be leading the Tech Team in a training time on 29 July, 2-4pm in the church. The current audio/data team will meet for this, and if any others are interested in helping out in this area, please come along. If you want to know more speak with Phil.
· If you can provide a meal occasionally for the music teams and those leading the service, see Grace Leslie.
· Laura Baker mentioned recently the need for some people to help take residents at Karana (elderly people’s home in Walpole St) from their rooms to the chapel for their service on Sunday morning, at 10.30am. If you are interested in helping, talk to Laura Baker.
ITEMS FOR NIGHTCHURCH NEWS: Steve Pattison.