THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We continue our sermon series on the parables of Jesus, with Ken Manley preaching on ‘The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)’. Mary-Anne Philip is leading the service, Dave Powys is organising the music team, Grace Walton will lead in prayer, Zach Moore and James Hayes are on audio/data, Will and Katie-Ann Baird will be providing supper, and Jordan Kube is convening. Thanks everyone.
KBC ANNUAL FOOTBALL COMPETITION: Saturday 20 September, 9.30am-2pm at Victoria Park (Abbotsford). There will be a round-robin competition between Church, Res and ex-Res for men (16 years and up) and a women’s game (16 years and up) held before the final. All are welcome to play, help out or simply enjoy the day.
- Youth Dimension Open Night: Wednesday 10 September, 7.30pm at 58-64 Hall Rd, Warrandyte Sth. Come and find out about accredited training courses. See www.youthdimension.org.au for more details.
- For Your Consideration: Thursday 11 September, 7pm at The Ponds. Guest speaker: Tony Rinaudo, Natural Resources R&D Advisor for World Vision. www.facebook.com/events/847928205240701.
- Tunes Under The Tree: Saturday 13 September, 7.30pm at The House. Artists include Wilis and Young Vincent. Entry $5. www.facebook.com/events/304633716381239.
RED FROGS: Love Jesus? Love others. A great way to love and serve others is to volunteer as part of a Red Frogs team for Schoolies 2014. Not only will you have heaps of fun, you’ll also grow in your relationship with God and make lots of friends with other young Christians who also have a passion for loving and serving God, by loving and serving others! Red Frogs is such a unique way of reaching out to young people and serving them at a really crucial time in their lives – your impact could help change their lives! To register or find out more, visit http://au.redfrogs.com.
MIDDLE EAST: On Sunday night we prayed for and learnt more about the perilous plight of the ancient Iraqi and other Middle Eastern church communities. Some people have asked for details about how to give financially, and some options are listed below. Once at the pages, you will need to scroll through to designate funds to the Middle East/Iraq/Syria:
- Barnabas Aid: https://barnabasfund.org/donations/aus/
- Anglican Overseas Aid: https://anglicanoverseasaid.org.au/donate/online-donations
- Bible Society: www.biblesociety.org.au/nineveh
- AFL Grand Final Screening: Saturday 27 September, 2pm in the hall. Come along to watch the Grand Final on the big screen! BYO drinks and snacks. Bean bags and cushions would be great too!
- Working Bee: Saturday 11 October, 8.30am-12.30pm. Mark the date in your diaries! More details to come.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
PRAYER: There is prayer at the back of the church at 5pm every Sunday. We’d love you to join with us in this important ministry!
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.