THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We will be starting our new series on the book of Daniel, with Nicholas Tuohy preaching on ‘Countercultural: The Power of Resistance’. We will also share in communion together. Grace W is leading the service, Lauren Morgan is organising the music team, Zach Moore and James Crawford are on audio/data, Caitlyn Pryse will lead in prayer, Bree Monahan and Sarah Powys will be providing supper, and Rachel Bakker is convening. Thanks everyone.
- ‘Heart of Worship’ Seminar: Thursday 21 May, 7:30pm in the hall. We will be exploring biblical theology behind worship, practical and technical aspects of church music leadership, and how we can overall grow in our understanding and leadership of worship. If you’re involved in our music ministry, or interested in learning more about worship generally, this is the event for you! facebook.com/events/933610520040228
- Quarterly Church Gathering: Sunday 31 May in the hall. One of the really great things about being a Baptist Church is that we value participation and inclusion from everyone in the church on what we believe God is saying to us and where God is leading us. The 10am service will be held in the hall, with our worship, prayer and sharing to flow into our Gathering and morning tea. We will finish by 12:15pm. Please plan to be there!
- Men’s Muster Camp: May 29-31, Burnside Camp in Anglesea. A great opportunity to be inspired by speakers, fellowship over brilliant meals, enjoy the amazing countryside and pursue some outdoor adventure activities. Cost: $125. For more info, see thecampingprogram.org.au.
- State Youth Games: June 5-8 in Warragul. For more info, join the Kew SYG 2015 Facebook group here: facebook.com/groups/kewsyg15. And you can register for SYG here: http://syg.herokuapp.com/mysyg/kbc/signup
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE AND SERVE:
- Office Volunteers: We are looking for volunteers to help out in the church office for the week of Monday 1 June – Thursday 4 June, while our administrator is on annual leave. Tasks include checking emails and phone messages, editing and printing newsletters, and other small admin jobs. If you are available to assist on a weekday between 10am-12:30pm or 1-3:30pm, please contact the office (email@example.com). We are hoping to put together a roster of volunteers to cover this time.
- Food for State Youth Games: The organising committee of State Youth Games is looking for some volunteers who would be willing to help provide food for morning tea, afternoon tea and supper for SYG. If you are able to help by baking muffins, slices or biscuits, or by purchasing something to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Rachel Bakker if you can help.
- Chad Mission: During May, we are aiming to raise $5,000 as a church to support Mat Hunter’s upcoming mission term in Chad. We encourage you to give towards this by marking gifts to “Chad Mission” (either by direct online giving or in the Sunday offering envelopes). We also encourage individuals to prayerfully consider pledging ongoing financial support for Mat’s 18 month term. If you would like to find out more, please contact Mat.
- English Tutors Wanted: TSE Tuition is expanding and they’re looking for caring, passionate individuals who’d like to make a difference. No experience necessary. All training provided. Must have drivers licence and access to car. Contact Shirlaine at shirlaine@TSEtuition.com for full position description.
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). Put it in your schedule and start the day with worship, prayer, food and friends at KBC. Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.