THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: Paul Pallot will continue our sermon series on the prophet Micah. We will also share in communion together. Marny Croot is leading the service, Luke Evans is organising the music team, Stu Mackenzie and TBC are on audio/data, Caitlyn Pryse will lead in prayer, Amanda Tuohy and Simon Pickering will be available for prayer after the service, Janine Hindle will be providing supper, and Rachael Atkinson is convening. Thanks everyone.
This Sunday night after church, dinner will be provided by another of our mighty NC small groups! Make sure you hang around after church this week for a delicious meal to share with friends. Please bring $5 to cover costs. Enjoy!
MICAH: Last Sunday night, we began our sermon series on the prophet Micah. Click here for a copy of the handout – you can use this during the sermons and/or in your own personal reflective time. During the three weeks of this series, consider reading the book of Micah one chapter each day (7 chapters in 7 days), and reflect on the words day by day. This is our ‘Micah challenge’!
EVENTS @ KBC:
- Highbury Tri-Mingle: Saturday 20 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We are joining with our neighbours from Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church for a night of trivia and mingling! $10 entry donation, with all funds going to Spur Afrika, a charity which seeks to transform the lives in the Kibera slums (Nairobi, Kenya). Don’t miss out on this great event! RSVP on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/trimingle
- Sammy’s Sunday Brekky 2.0: Sunday 28 June, 8:30-10:30am in the hall. Back by popular demand, our resident House chef, Sam Taylor, is cooking up a magnificent breakfast:
– Corn Fritter, with raw beetroot relish, poached egg & green salad
– Ricotta Hotcake, with strawberry compote & vanilla labne
– Eggs (your way) and Bacon, with ‘Woodfrog’ toast & House made relish
$7.50 for a meal, $10 for a meal and a beverage (coffee or orange juice). Please RSVP for catering purposes via Facebook (http://tinyurl.com/sammysbrekky).
PRAYER: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). With winter here, we are serving porridge (delicious!) as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your offering via direct online transfer to the church account
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.