This Week @ NightChurch
We continue our series on ‘Love’, with Nicholas Tuohy preaching on ‘A Church Full of Love (Col 3:1-17)’. Paul Pallot is leading the service, Luke Evans is organising the music team, Stuart Mackenzie and Phil Prior are on audio/data, Mel Hill will lead in prayer, Marny Croot will be providing supper, Rachel Bakker and Simon Pickering will be available for prayer after the service, and Marny Croot is convening. Thanks everyone.
We’ve put together a short survey to get a better understanding of how things are perceived in the life of our church. If you are currently involved in Kew Baptist Church, please take a moment to fill it out! It is anonymous and should only take about 10 minutes to complete. It would be very helpful to have your responses! www.surveymonkey.com/r/LDJSFL7
Coming Events @ KBC
- Quarterly Church Gathering, 30 August: One of the really great things about being a Baptist church is that we value participation and inclusion from everyone in the church on what we believe God is saying to us and where God is leading us. On Sunday 30 August, the 10am service will be held in the hall, with our worship, prayer and sharing to flow into our Gathering. We will finish by 12:30pm. Our Vietnamese congregation is catering for us and also seeking to raise money for their Vietnam mission trip in Jan 2016. Please plan to be there!
- Captured: Art & Photography Exhibition: Saturday 5 September, 12-4pm in the hall. Our Vietnamese congregation is hosting this event as a fundraiser. The purpose is to raise funds for ‘With A Mission’, which will be used to build houses in Vietnam. Artworks will be for sale and we are asking people to consider a financial donation. Come anytime and stay as long as you like! Food and refreshments will be served throughout the day. facebook.com/events/905265069544631
- Equip: Discipleship, Mentoring & Leadership: Thursday 10 September, 7:30pm in the hall. We welcome back Peter Corney for the third session in our series of leadership training nights, with the aim of encouraging and equipping people in the church to be better leaders and followers of Christ by being mentored and taught by mature and wise Christian leaders. $5 donation invited. facebook.com/events/866350496766454
Remain Festival: September 17-20, Belgrave Heights
Remain is a festival for young adults, aimed at encouraging and equipping Christians in their faith. It will be four days of teaching, worship, fun, food and community. Speakers include Guy Mason, Mark Sayers, Brenton Killeen, and Hannah Craven. Ticket options:
- $160 standard ticket
- Group ticket: 4 people for $500 (available until Sept 1st)
- $120 weekend pass (Fri-Sun)
- $70 day pass
There will be a crew from NightChurch heading to Remain and setting up a bit of a KBC campsite there – check out www.facebook.com/events/1644364472441945 for more details. And see http://remainfestival.com.au for more information about the festival itself.
Volunteer for Global Interaction
Global Interaction is looking for volunteers to assist with stuffing of approx. 2000 envelopes, as part of their Pray Daily mail-out. Tuesday 25 August from 10am at Global Interaction National Office (597 Burwood Road, Auburn). If you can help out, please RSVP by Friday 21 August to email@example.com.
Tuesday Prayer Breakfast
We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). With winter here, we are serving porridge (delicious!) as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
A reminder that you can give your offering via direct transfer to the church account.
Items for NightChurch News
Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, 9853 3292