THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We continue our series on the book of Daniel, with Nicholas Tuohy preaching on ‘Community: The Power of Spiritual Friends’. Bree Monahan is leading the service, Luke Evans is organising the music team, Phil Prior is on audio/data, James Docking will lead in prayer, Rachel Bakker will be providing supper, and Graeme Younger is convening. Thanks everyone.
- ‘Heart of Worship’ Seminar: Thursday 21 May, 7:30pm in the hall. We will be exploring biblical theology behind worship, practical and technical aspects of church music leadership, and how we can overall grow in our understanding and leadership of worship. If you’re involved in our music ministry, or interested in learning more about worship generally, this is the event for you! facebook.com/events/933610520040228
- Quarterly Church Gathering: Sunday 31 May in the hall. One of the really great things about being a Baptist Church is that we value participation and inclusion from everyone in the church on what we believe God is saying to us and where God is leading us. The 10am service will be held in the hall, with our worship, prayer and sharing to flow into our Gathering and morning tea. We will finish by 12:15pm. Please plan to be there!
- Equip: Discipleship, Mentoring & Leadership: Thursday 11 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We welcome back Peter Corney for the second session in our series of leadership training nights, with the aim of encouraging and equipping people in the church to be better leaders and followers of Christ by being mentored and taught by mature and wise Christian leaders. $5 donation invited. RSVP Mon 8 June. facebook.com/events/819880271439629
- Highbury Tri-Mingle: Saturday 20 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We are joining with our neighbours from Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church for a night of trivia and mingling! $10 entry donation, with all funds going to Spur Afrika, a charity which seeks to transform the lives in the Kibera slums (Nairobi, Kenya). www.facebook.com/events/640078929460912
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE AND SERVE:
- Office Volunteers Required: We are looking for volunteers to help out in the church office for the week of Monday 1 June – Thursday 4 June, while our administrator is on annual leave. Tasks include checking emails and phone messages, editing and printing newsletters, and other small admin jobs. If you are available to assist on a weekday between 10am-12:30pm or 1-3:30pm, please contact the office (email@example.com). We are hoping to put together a roster of volunteers to cover this time.
- Food for State Youth Games: The organising committee of State Youth Games is looking for some volunteers who would be willing to help provide food for morning tea, afternoon tea and supper for SYG. If you are able to help by baking muffins, slices or biscuits, or by purchasing something to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Rachel Bakker if you can help.
- Chad Mission: During May, we are aiming to raise $5,000 as a church to support Mat Hunter’s upcoming mission term in Chad. We encourage you to give towards this by marking gifts to “Chad Mission” (either by direct online giving or in the Sunday offering envelopes). We also encourage individuals to prayerfully consider pledging ongoing financial support for Mat’s 18 month term. If you would like to find out more, please contact Mat.
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). As well as the warmth of good fellowship at Prayer Breakfast, something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day – don’t miss the special porridge, starting Tuesday 26 May. Be there! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.