THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We continue our sermon series on the parables of Jesus, with Paul Pallot preaching on ‘The Parable of the Talents’ (Matthew 25:14-30)’. Paul Pallot is leading the service, Mat Hunter and Romona Boswell are organising the music team, Mike Follent will lead in prayer, Luke Boswell and Tim Mitchell are on audio/data, Hannah O’Brien will be providing supper, and Marny Croot is convening. Thanks everyone.
CHURCH GATHERING: This Sunday we will gather in the hall at 11:15am-12:30pm for our quarterly church meeting. A comprehensive report document has been prepared, addressing the matters for discussion and also containing finance reports. There are several proposals for us to consider and it is very important that you read this document to be able to contribute to the discernment process. You can collect the report document from the church foyer or request an electronic copy from the church office. This meeting is a chance for us to pray together and to seek God’s wisdom and guidance for our mission as a church. Please make it a priority to attend. And we are inviting people to bring a plate of goodies to share for morning tea.
LEADERSHIP & MENTORING NIGHT WITH PETER CORNEY (OAM): Thursday 4 September, 7:30-9:30pm, Newnham Hall. One of our stated aims at KBC is to support and equip our congregation, especially young adults, in leadership and development as followers of Jesus. Earlier in the year we had a leadership night with Paul Griffiths from the UK on the subject of practical evangelism. It was a great night for all who attended. Coming up we have a wonderful guest speaker, Peter Corney.
Peter is an Australian Anglican Minister. He is actively involved as a preacher, lecturer, writer, and in training and mentoring young leaders and pastors. He acts as a leadership consultant to churches, schools and Christian organisations. He is also involved in supporting refugees in Australia.
With over 45 years of leadership and ministry experience, Peter also set up St. Hilary’s Kew “The Institute for Contemporary Christian Leadership” working with both lay and ordained church leaders in congregational leadership. The work of leadership development has been a long held passion. He is the author of twelve books and numerous articles. For more information see www.petercorney.com. This is open to everyone at KBC, and especially those who want to invest in becoming better and more ably equipped leaders. Don’t miss it!
- For Your Consideration: Thursday 28 August, 7pm at The Ponds Brewery. Speakers: Jono Newmarch – ‘Saving Leonardo’ & Natasha Moore – ‘Subversive Sabbath: Work, Rest, and our Culture of Busyness’
- Youth Dimension Open Night: Wednesday 10 September, 7:30pm at Youth Dimension (58-64 Hall Rd, Warrandyte South). More details: http://www.youthdimension.org.au/
- Tunes Under The Tree: Saturday 13 September, 7:30pm at The House. Artists TBA. Entry $5. Stay tuned for more details!
- Hospitality Lunches: Sunday 14 September. This is such a great way to connect with people across 10am and NightChurch. If you are not signed up and would still like to be a part of it, please speak to Deirdre Willis.
MIDDLE EAST: Last week at the 10am service we prayed for and learnt more about the perilous plight of the ancient Iraqi and other Middle Eastern church communities. Some people have asked for details about how to give financially, and some options are listed below. Once at the pages, you will need to scroll through to designate funds to the Middle East/Iraq/Syria:
- Barnabas Aid: https://barnabasfund.org/donations/aus/
- Anglican Overseas Aid: https://anglicanoverseasaid.org.au/donate/online-donations
- Bible Society: http://www.biblesociety.org.au/nineveh
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
PRAYER: There is prayer at the back of the church at 5pm every Sunday. We’d love you to join with us in this important ministry!
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.