NIGHTCHURCH NEWS, SUNDAY 07 JUNE 2015
THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We are gathering together for church at 5:30pm this Sunday evening, the speaker is TBA. Mary-Anne Philip is leading the service, Stefan van Boxtel is organising the music team, Zach Moore and Phil Prior are on audio/data, Amanda Tuohy will lead in prayer, Hannah O’Brien will be providing supper, Janine Hindle is convening, and Rachel Bakker and Naomi Rock will be available for prayer after the service. Thanks everyone.
- State Youth Games: Good luck to all those heading to Warrigal to play sports this Friday to Monday for the Queen’s birthday long weekend (5th to 8th June). Thanks to Ben Ramsay for organising the Kew Baptist Team, and we hope it is a time of great fellowship and fun.
- Equip: Discipleship, Mentoring & Leadership: Thursday 11 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We welcome back Peter Corney for the second session in our series of leadership training nights, with the aim of encouraging and equipping people in the church to be better leaders and followers of Christ by being mentored and taught by mature and wise Christian leaders. $5 donation invited. RSVP Mon 8 June. facebook.com/events/819880271439629
- Love Abbotsford: Sunday 14 June, 12:30-4:30pm at the Housing Estates at 229 Hoddle St. The usual BBQ, music, face painting, sports… anything else you want to include. It will be a chance to continue to build relationships with the people there. Contact Mary-Anne Philip for more info. Everyone welcome!
- Highbury Tri-Mingle: Saturday 20 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We are joining with our neighbours from Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church for a night of trivia and mingling! $10 entry donation, with all funds going to Spur Afrika, a charity which seeks to transform the lives in the Kibera slums (Nairobi, Kenya). www.facebook.com/events/640078929460912
- Immersion Conference: 26-27 June at NewHope Community Centre (3-7 Springfield Rd, Blackburn). Immersion is a two-day conference about consumerism in Australia and how we, as consumers, can make more ethical choices to help our global neighbours. Run by International Needs Australia and Unshackled. For more information, see: www.immersion.org.au
FOOD FOR SYG: The organising committee of State Youth Games is looking for some volunteers who would be willing to help provide food for morning tea, afternoon tea and supper for SYG. If you are able to help by baking muffins, slices or biscuits, or by purchasing something to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Rachel Bakker if you can help.
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). With winter here, we are serving porridge (delicious!) as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK: It’s Refugee Week from June 14-20. Check this site out to see ideas on how we could move forward in Australian policy in this area, a proposal endorsed by the Australian Baptist Ministries National Council. http://ajustcause.com.au/bordered-by-love/
ITEMS FOR NIGHTCHURCH NEWS: Please contact Steve Pattison with items to be included. That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News.