“Ask, and it will be given you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you.” Jesus of Nazareth.
Are we as open-minded and tolerant as we like to believe we are? For instance, have you ever been upset about judgementalism but found yourself judging someone at some point? Do you like to think you have an open-mind and yet have formed opinions and positions on matters you know very little about?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, welcome to humanity. Jesus said we are, by nature, hypocrites- never truly and wholly authentic- or not for long anyway. He also said that at the heart of the world’s problems is the problem of the heart; we need a new heart of love, Jesus taught, and only God could give to us.
If you are open-minded and would like to learn more about what Jesus taught, then come along to KBC Nightchurch over June and July as we explore in an open-minded and warm-spirited nature, subjects such as:
- June 3: Is there only One Way to God? (Nicholas Tuohy)
- June 10: Is Christianity a Straight-jacket? (TBA)
- June 17th: Why does a Good God allow Suffering? (Amanda Tuohy)
- June 24th: Does God send People to Hell? (Paul Pallot)
- July 1st: The Church and its role in Injustice (Nicholas Tuohy)
- July 8th: Has Science made God Redundant? (Nicholas Tuohy)
- July 16th: Is’nt the Bible just out of Date? (Andy Mitchell)
We are loosely following the book by Timothy Keller which received awards from World Magazine and Christianity Today and was #7 on the New York Times Best Seller list for non-fiction in March, 2008. Copies of the book are available for $10. Just email the office to reserve a copy- or pick one up Sunday night.