So much goes on in a week within and beyond our church community. So many people are serving, giving, praying as part of our church community; here’s last week:
- The Ministry Team of Paul, Lauren, Stephen and myself meet Mondays from 11-12:30 to pray, review the previous week and look ahead. The Leadership Team met Monday night to pray, plan and manage the affairs of the church community.
- Mari & David host a weekly small group at their home of over a dozen young adults for dinner and for prayer and bible study. Small groups are also hosted by Peter & Marion , Paul & Anita, Rory & Harriet, and Ken & Margaret. The Hunters and Ben also host groups. Then there are 3 groups being run at the Res by Benji, Joe, Meg, Emma, Stefan and Sam . And finally, Rory is leading a group of 8 men in a discipleship series called Conquer on Thursday nights.
- Prison Network Ministry run a bible study and small group on Wednesdays for women coming out of prison.
- Hannah hosts Tea & Tots fortnightly on Fridays in the Crèche Room, which had a turn-out last week of 13 children, 8 mothers and 1 grandmother.
- Phil has been working on an exciting opportunity regarding new playground equipment and also building a team to install it in October.
- In the midst of the week Paul and I meet up with a number of people to see how they are and encourage them in their walk with Jesus.
- Planning for Sunday services takes place with dozens of people involved each week in serving across our 3 worship services.
- Brittani led a workshop on sharing your faith.
- Marny , Alice, Rory and myself have been working on the Highbury Common project which will start to take shape over October.
- The Res Committee of the Chateliers, Sheila, Ryan, Amy, James, Peter and myself met to oversee the Res ministry.
- Sam, Rachel, Tim, Bree and Marny in the House provide a hospitality ministry to young adults at KBC and the Res and did a great dinner for NightChurch last week. And Janine and Stefan serve the Res students and NightChurch in many ways.
- A few very in need people have come to the church office and received a listening ear, as well as some help with food and prayer.
- Sarah is planning the next Love Abbotsford venture on 8 Oct.
I could write so much more! And why all this activity and energy? Because of Jesus, that’s why. He came, he showed us the Father, he died for our sins, he rose from the dead and will come again to set everything right. KBC exists for you, Jesus.