This weekend we have the Student Residence Celebration of 50 years of very effective, life-changing ministry. It is an amazing story for which we praise God.
- Saturday 1-5pm Open House, 7-11pm The Main Event, The Centre, 275 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe (bookings closed for that).
- Sunday 10am Celebration Church Service at KBC, followed by a Picnic Lunch in Alexandra Gardens. Then, 1-5pm, Open House at the Res if you would like to wander through.
Please pray for Stephen and Michelle Duke and all others involved in the final planning of the events on the Saturday and Sunday. It is a busy time for them! Leonie Hibbins is coordinating the Sunday Morning Celebration service.
EXPLORING BAPTISM – Nicholas will lead a series about the Gospel, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, Church membership, 4:30-6pm, Feb 12, 19, 26, & March 4. Some people have already committed to attend, and if you are interested in exploring the possibilities, contact the church office (9853 3292), otherwise, just come along at 4.30pm.
NIGHTCHURCH, Katie Adams is leading, and Nicholas is speaking on How do disciples live? Matthew 5:21-42. Tom Holley is coordinating the music team, Phil Prior and Tim Gray are on audio/data, Zach Moore is bringing supper and Corey Leslie is the convener.
PRAYER: It was mentioned on Sunday that there are several people beginning new things at present – moving into new accommodation, new jobs, new university courses. Please continue to pray for them.
- STUDENT RESIDENCE OPENING, 19 February: Just a week after the big celebration, the students move in. We will hold a lunch and church service at 12.15/1.15pm on Sunday 19 February. Please bring Salads to help welcome the families of the students. There will be no 10am service on 19th, but NightChurch will be on – let’s welcome them first at the BBQ and afternoon service, and then at night too.
- MAD group (Mission, Aid and Development) will meet at 7.30pm, Tuesday 21 February. If you would like to come along and hear what is happening in support of initiatives to promote justice, tell about Jesus, help the poor, etc, you would be very welcome – at Deirdre Willis’ home.
- BOYS MOVIE, WORSHIP, Thursday 23 Feb, BBQ, Frisbee, worship time and looking at what it means to be a Christian man. See Andy Mitchell.
- MEETING OF THE CHURCH, Sunday 4 March. Discussion will focus around what God would like us to do in 2012 and beyond. We would love everyone to come along – to lunch at around 11.45, followed by the meeting.
- CHURCH CAMP MARCH 9-12, Anglesea. Please make sure you are there at least from Saturday 9.30am – Sunday lunch. If cost could prevent you from coming, please talk to Kerryn Pell as some people make extra donations for this. (And if you are able to add a little extra it may help someone else attend!)
BEST WISHES: We extend best wishes to Jane Watson and Kyle Horton who celebrate their wedding in NSW on Saturday. We trust the day goes well, and, more importantly, that their lives together will be fantastic and God-honouring.
Also, we wish Jo Barber and Tom all the best following their engagement, and pray that God will bless you as you prepare for life together in marriage.
LENT FOR EVERYONE, by N T Wright. Nicholas has ordered a few extra copies which will arrive just when Lent begins, 22 Feb. If you want a copy, please book with him now. $10 a copy.
CAR FOR SALE: Well looked after, 2002 White Toyota Camry Altise, 223,000km, regularly serviced and maintained. $5,300. Contact Stephen Duke.
ITEMS FOR NIGHTCHURCH NEWS: Steve Pattison.