NIGHTCHURCH NEWS, 13 NOVEMBER
- This week at NightChurch: Matt Hill is leading, and Amanda Tuohy is speaking on Set free by Jesus, Mark 5:1-20. Grace Lawry is coordinating the music team, Zach Moore and Phil Prior are on audio/data, Crispin and Jono Newmarch are bringing supper, and Corey Leslie is the convener.
- Sleepout and farewell for Krista Celle, 6pm, 19 November at her home. Krista is heading off to Darwin for next year, and she has decided that her farewell event will double as an event to raise money for Melbourne City Mission. For a donation, people can sleep over in the backyard of the pre-arranged house. All are invited to the BBQ (BYO meat) and there will be dancing and fun times. The theme for the night is Medical.
- Student Residence end-of-year service, Sunday 20 November, 7pm at NightChurch.
- Quarterly Church Meeting, Sunday 27 November, lunch at 11.15am, followed by the meeting in the hall. At Nicholas Tuohy’s induction, he made promises to us, and we made promises to him. At the Church meeting we will explore further what these promises mean to us all as God leads us into the future. Well worth coming along!
- Asha India, Creators by Candlelight, 7.30pm, Friday 2 December, Northcote Uniting Church. Contact Em Hanscamp, firstname.lastname@example.org, fundraiser for Ape Aap Women’s Collective, helping set people free from inter-generational prostitution.
- Interested in Islam and want to learn more? On Saturday 3 December, 10.30am-4pm, there will be a Qur’an Exhibition, presented by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association of Victoria, at Chisholm Cranbourne, New Holland Drive Cranbourne. Presentations of the Qur’an 11 am and 2pm – registration required as seating is limited, RSVP by 21 November email@example.com.
- Children’s service, 10am Sunday 4 December, and Carols in the Park, 7.30pm in Petrie Square, featuring the Gloria Carols’ Group and the Men’s choir! See Mary-Anne Philip for GCG, Mat Hunter for the Men’s group.
ADVENTURES, CAMPS, MISSIONS, ETC.
Lots of people are going away over the next few months. Some go next week to do fruit picking for 2 – 6 weeks with Cornerstone, and then on 26 Nov – 4 Dec for Schoolies in Byron Bay with Red Frog, and then the December-January camps, etc. We’d love to know who is going to which camps and the dates, because we’d love to pray for you. Please let us know on Sunday night – or by phone, email, Facebook, etc. (9853 3292, firstname.lastname@example.org).
ACCOMMODATION and a CAR
- A neighbour of Liz Pell is looking for a house sitter for three weeks from mid-November. It involves feeding an unsociable cat and feeding and daily exercising a friendly dog.
- Katie Ward has a room to rent over the summer from late November to late January in Balwyn. $120 per week, includes Internet, bills, etc. In Balwyn, close to shops, public transport, library, parks, etc. Contains two lovely housemates. If you or anyone you know is interested, let Katie know.
- Abbie Thompson is looking for accommodation/housemates for next year somewhere near Kew or Burwood.
- Naomi Rock announced that she is aware of possible accommodation available next year.
- From Josh Carter: I currently have one room up for rent in a house in Camberwell, if you’re keen to know more just holler. Alternatively, if any of you currently have a room to let please just let me know.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK
The Levelator available from www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator is a free program that attempts to even out the volume levels of the speech of different people recorded in an audio file. It works with AIFF and WAV files. Editions of the Levelator are available for various operating systems.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.