THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: Nicholas Tuohy will be speaking on ‘Our Church Vision’. Mel Hill is leading the service, Stefan van Boxtel is organising the music team, Stuart Mackenzie and Zach Moore are on audio/data, Mel Hill will lead in prayer, Marny Croot will be providing supper, and Sam Taylor is convening. Thanks everyone.
This Sunday night after NightChurch, ROX Café are again opening their doors for us for a delicious dinner! $10 meals, only a 5min walk from church down High St, from 7:30pm. A great way to continue chatting and hanging out after church together. Everyone welcome!
THE WEEK AHEAD:
- EQUIP: Discipleship, Mentoring & Leadership: Thursday 16 April, 7:30pm in the church hall. Encouraging and equipping people in the church to be better leaders and followers of Christ by being mentored and taught by mature and wise Christian leaders. Exploring Christ-likeness in life and leadership; refining both internal character and external actions; leading teams and running effective meetings; how to recruit and motivate volunteers. Guest speaker: Peter Corney. $5 donation invited. facebook.com/events/1567159000206736
- Love Abbotsford: Sunday 19 April, 12:30-4:30pm at the Housing Estates at 229 Hoddle St. Sports, BBQ, music, face painting… anything else you want to include. It will be a chance to continue to build relationships with the people there. Contact Mary-Anne Philip for more info. Everyone welcome!
- Week of Prayer 2.0: Mon 20 Apr – Sun 26 Apr. You are invited to sign up to the prayer breakfasts and the 24hrs of prayer. But regardless of whether you can make it to actual events, you can decide personally to let this week be a time of reviving and renewing your prayer before God. facebook.com/events/452222738267386
- Christianity Explored: Starting Wednesday 22 April, 6:30-9pm. Do you really know what 1.5 billion Christians around the world really believe? Perhaps you have just tracked along at church because your parents wanted you to, but aren’t really sure what you think or believe. Maybe you are an open-minded person who wants to add to your knowledge. Or maybe you are a Christian and want to explore some foundations to your faith. In Term 2, Nicholas & Amanda Tuohy will host a Christianity Explored course at their house (next door to church). Come over for dinner in a relaxed and friendly environment for 6-8 weeks to explore the Christian faith and any questions you may have. Good food promised (Nick is a former chef), everybody welcome, and it’s free! Sign up through the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hospitality Sunday: Those who signed up to attend a lunch or dinner on Sunday 26 April can expect an invitation in the next week or so. If you said you were available, PLEASE commit to attend, and ask your host “What can I bring?” If you will be hosting a meal, PLEASE invite your guests ASAP. Lists have been sent out by email. Any queries, please contact Deirdre Willis.
- Context Conference: Saturday 2 May, 9am-6pm at Queens College (University of Melbourne, Parkville). Be equipped to understand the Christian worldview, and to interact with the other worldviews that shape our culture. Context is a day-long conference for tertiary students to assist them in the integration of their Christian faith, their studies and their future vocations. Speakers include: Mark Sayers, Peter Corney, Erica Hamence, Chris Mulherin, Kara Martin. Cost $30 (includes lunch). facebook.com/contextconf
- Soccer and Netball: As part of the Student Res Family Weekend, there will be mixed netball and mixed soccer matches held in the afternoon on Saturday 2 May at Sacred Heart Primary School on Cotham Rd. If you would like to play for one of the church teams, please contact Anouchka. Everyone welcome!
- State Youth Games: June 5-8 in Warragul. Sign up to the Kew Baps team here: www.facebook.com/groups/kewsyg15/
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
- Hope for Boroondara: You may be surprised to hear, but in Melbourne there are hundreds, if not thousands of individuals and families who are struggling to make ends meet. Some are homeless, some have just hit hard times through unemployment and are under financial stress. Each year churches in Boroondara unite for a food drive to collect food gifts from residents for those struggling. Last year almost $30,000 of food was collected. Here’s what we need: 3-4 hrs total over two weekends where you will travel in groups of 4 to drop off bags one week, and pick up bags and food the following week. Clear maps and directions are provided as are bags with instructions for householders inside. Please get involved to help people struggling in our city and make a real difference in their lives. Sign up through the church office: email@example.com
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). Put it in your schedule and start the day with worship, prayer, food and friends at KBC. Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.