THANKS: Thank you to all who helped make the Student Residence 50 year celebration so good last weekend. It was great (special thanks to the music team, fantastic!)
SUNDAY 19TH Feb:
- 12.15 BBQ at the Hall to welcome the residents and their families to the Student Res. Please come along, and bring some salads to share.
- 1.15 Welcome service in the church. This is always a great service, and well worth coming to.
- 4.30 Exploring Baptism, in the Vestry.
- 7.00 NightChurch. Dan Lansdown is leading, and Nicholas Tuohy will speak on Loving, Giving, Praying, Fasting, Matthew 5:43 – 6:18 in the series on the Sermon on the Mount. Jono Newmarch is coordinating the music team, Laura Holley is the convener, Phil Prior and James Hayes are on audio/data and Laura and Tom Holley are bringing supper. Thanks everyone!
- Please be in prayer for all students beginning university studies next week. Some will be moving from the country to the city, some to live in the Student Residence, but there are lots of others as well. Pray that in the midst of all the changes they will seek out and know God’s presence with them in all of it. For those who for some reason find life a bit difficult, pray that they will turn to Jesus and know his empowering love.
SMALL GROUP INVOLVEMENT
- James Hayes mentioned on Sunday night the need for more men in the small group he attends (he is feeling a bit alone). If you want to know more (whether you are male or female) talk to or the group’s hosts Steph Ward or Lauren Morgan.
- And, if you would like to start or be part of a new small group, speak to Nicholas about it – we can do with at least one more young adult group
- BOOST YOUTH is going to Whittlesea on Saturday, and are looking for some volunteers to make some slices, biscuits, etc (all nut-free). Speak to Beth Strange.
- MAD group (Mission, Aid and Development) will meet at 7.30pm, Tuesday 21 February. If you would like to come along and hear what is happening in support of initiatives to promote justice, tell about Jesus, help the poor, etc, you would be very welcome – at Deirdre Willis’ home.
- BOYS MOVIE NIGHT, Thursday 23 Feb, Dinner / Frisbee from 6pm at Alexandra Gardens, watching Courageous back at the church at 7.30pm, for info, see Andy Mitchell.
- CARRICAL BBQ, Saturday 25 February, 18 Mason St, Hawthorn. If you want to know more, speak to Steve Taylor.
- MEETING OF THE CHURCH, Sunday 4 March. Discussion will focus around what God would like us to do in 2012 and beyond. We would love everyone to come along – to lunch at around 11.45, followed by the meeting.
- CHURCH CAMP MARCH 9-12, Anglesea. But please make sure you are there at least from Saturday 9.30am – Sunday lunch. If cost could prevent you from coming, please talk to Kerryn Pell as some people make extra donations for this. (And if you are able to add a little extra it may help someone else attend!).
LENT FOR EVERYONE, by N T Wright. Nicholas has ordered a few extra copies which have arrived. Lent begins, 22 Feb. If you want a copy, see him now. $10 a copy.
CARS FOR SALE: Well looked after, 2002 White Toyota Camry Altise, 223,000km, regularly serviced and maintained. $5,300. Contact Stephen Duke
ITEMS FOR NIGHTCHURCH NEWS: Steve Pattison.