The passage from last Sunday’s message on Knowing and Loving God. Let this be your prayer and confession for the week: Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Mt 22:37-40
THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: Nicholas Tuohy will be speaking on “Knowing & Loving God: Worship”. Jadon Dutra is leading the service, Dave Powys is organising the music team, Will Baird will lead in prayer, Zach Moore and Tim Mitchell are on audio/data, Janine Hindle and Alice Foote will be providing supper, and Simon Pickering is convening. Thanks everyone.
SUMMER MISSION: With so many NightChurchers heading off on various missions/camps/etc over summer, we’d like to put together a bit of a ‘mission diary’ so we can commit as a church to praying for these events as they happen. So if you’re involved in some sort of summer mission (eg. beach mission, ESA, Red Frogs, many others!), then please email email@example.com to let us know where you’re going and when – we’d love to pray for you!
- The next Men’s Breakfast will be on Friday 17 October. James Docking will be sharing some wisdom and it will be a great time to catch up and chat. Please message Luke Gibbons by Wednesday 15 October if you would like to attend.
- Starting on Wednesday 22 October, we will be running a 5 week course for men who are interested in pursuing sexual integrity. The Conquer Series is a 5 part cinematic course that teaches attendees techniques to overcome pornography. Cost to attend the course is $15 which includes the price of the booklet. Places are limited, contact Luke Gibbons to enrol by Monday 20 October.
- Calling all MALES! You are invited to participate in the 2014 Ping Pong-A-Thon, (helping young people who are trapped by exploitation/trafficking). There are 26 venues running the event across Australia this year. Register to play at: www.pingpongathon.com/register.
- The next Kewmunity of Women event will be onSunday 26 October, 3:30pm at Alexandra Park (Cotham Rd, Kew). Come along, bring a friend, something good to eat. We want it to be a space where we can meet each other, form deeper relationships and glorify our Father. We’ll hang out, do something fun, and then head to church around 5ish.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
- Help would be much appreciated on Saturday 25 October, when a number of large items will be moved from Kew BC to North Balwyn BC, during a Possums working bee (8:30-12:30). Even an hour of your time would be great, especially from those with muscle, or from anyone with a trailer or ute that they could make available. All offers of help will be very welcome.
- On Sunday 7 December, we have the Kew Community Carols. We need people to get involved – helping on the day with setting up, sausage sizzle, activities for kids, and other bits and pieces. Please see Phil Prior or Nicholas Tuohy if you want to get involved or you have some ideas for the day.
FILM SCREENINGS: In the month of October, Ringwood Church of Christ will be screening all of the Wanderlust Productions films on Thursday nights at 7pm, leading up to the viewing of the ‘Holy Ghost’ film which was released at the beginning of September. The second session is this week, Thursday 16 October, showing ‘Furious Love’. For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/events/812449945442764.
EVANGELISM TRAINING EVENTS WITH DENNIS PETHERS: Thursday 23 October at Balwyn Baptist Church. Cost is $10 per session:
- Addressing the Crisis of Confidence in Evangelism
11am – 3pm (lunch provided)
- Get Inspired to Share your Faith in New Ways 7pm – 9.30pm
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
PRAYER: There is prayer at the back of the church at 5pm every Sunday. We’d love you to join with us in this important ministry!
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.