This Week @ NightChurch
We continue our Term 3 focus on love, with Nicholas Tuohy preaching on Love and Sex: The Do’s. Grace is leading the service, Luke Evans is organising the music team, Stu Mackenzie and Tim Mitchell are on audio/data, Amanda Tuohy will lead in prayer, Rachael Atkinson and Alice Foote will be providing supper, Hannah O’Brien and Jadon Dutra will be available for prayer after the service, and Bree Monahan is convening. Thanks everyone.
- Remain Festival: September 17-20, Belgrave Heights. Four days of teaching, worship, fun, food and community, aimed at encouraging and equipping Christians in their faith. Speakers include Guy Mason, Mark Sayers, Brenton Killeen, and Hannah Craven. Ticket options:
- $160 standard ticket
- $120 weekend pass (Fri-Sun)
- $70 day pass
There will be a crew from NightChurch heading to Remain and setting up a bit of a KBC campsite there – check out www.facebook.com/events/1644364472441945 for more details. And see http://remainfestival.com.au for more information about the festival itself.
- Res/Church Footy Day: Saturday 26 September at Glenferrie Oval (Linda Crescent, Hawthorn). There will be a round-robin competition between Res, Ex-Res, Ex-Ex-Res and Church teams for the men, and a women’s game which will be played before the men’s final. Turn up from 9:30am, games will begin at 10am. All are welcome to play, help out, or simply enjoy the day. facebook.com/events/619321581538310
- Res Coach: Graeme Younger
- Ex-Res Coach: Brian Allen
- Ex-Ex-Res Coach: Andy Hunter
- Church Coach: James Docking
- Women’s Coach: Rachel Bakker
- Wise Choices For Life – Discovery Day: Saturday 26 September, 9am-12:30pm at Balwyn Baptist Church. Wise Choices For Life empowers vulnerable men and women in the child-bearing age group with reproductive health knowledge and skills to break the poverty cycle. Come along to this event to find out more! wisechoicesforlife.org/discoveryday
- Love Abbotsford: Sunday 27 September, 12:30-4:30pm at 229 Hoddle St, Collingwood. The usual BBQ, sports, live music, face painting, etc. Everyone welcome! Contact Mary-Anne Philip if you have any questions.
Tuesday Prayer Breakfast
We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). We are serving porridge (delicious!) as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
A reminder that you can give your offering via direct transfer to the church account.
Items for NightChurch News
Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, 9853 3292