THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: Coby Docking and Crispin Newmarch will be speaking on ‘The Pharisee and the Publican (Luke 18:9-14)’. Jadon Dutra is leading the service, Romona Boswell is organising the music team, Jono Davenport will lead in prayer, Tom Parkinson and Jadon Dutra are on audio/data, Cecelia Tyler and Ash Moore will be providing supper, and Katie Cantwell is convening. We will also share in communion together. Thanks everyone.
KBC ANNUAL FOOTBALL COMPETITION: Saturday 20 September, 9.30am-2pm at Victoria Park (Abbotsford). There will be a round-robin competition between Church, Res and ex-Res for men (16 years and up) and a women’s game (16 years and up) held before the final. All are welcome to play, help out or simply enjoy the day.
- Wire Bird Single Launch: Luke Sexton’s band Wire Bird have a single launch on Thursday 18 September at The Workers Club, supported by Ben Abraham and WALKER. More details: https://www.facebook.com/events/743736922349424.
- AFL Grand Final Screening: Saturday 27 September, 2pm in the hall. Come along to watch the Grand Final on the big screen! BYO drinks and snacks. Bean bags and cushions would be great too!
- Working Bee: Saturday 11 October, 8.30am-12.30pm. Mark the date in your diaries! More details to come.
KEW YOUTH GROUP: Kew Youth Group is running fortnightly on Friday nights, 7-9pm in the hall. The next event is this Friday 19 September. All years 7-12 welcome. Spread the word! And keep praying for this ministry, particularly the leaders: Brendan, Jack Holloway, Tim, Georgia, Miranda and Grace.
RED FROGS: Love Jesus? Love others. A great way to love and serve others is to volunteer as part of a Red Frogs team for Schoolies 2014. Not only will you have heaps of fun, you’ll also grow in your relationship with God and make lots of friends with other young Christians who also have a passion for loving and serving God, by loving and serving others! Red Frogs is such a unique way of reaching out to young people and serving them at a really crucial time in their lives – your impact could help change their lives! To register or find out more, visit http://au.redfrogs.com.
MIDDLE EAST: We have been praying for and learning more about the perilous plight of the ancient Iraqi and other Middle Eastern church communities. Some people have asked for details about how to give financially, and some options are listed below. Once at the pages, you will need to scroll through to designate funds to the Middle East/Iraq/Syria:
- Barnabas Aid: https://barnabasfund.org/donations/aus
- Anglican Overseas Aid: https://anglicanoverseasaid.org.au/donate/online-donations
- Bible Society: www.biblesociety.org.au/nineveh
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.