SUNDAY NIGHT, 22 April: Jahleel Shelling of Celebrate Messiah is our guest speaker, and he will also lead communion and speak of the links with the Jewish Passover. Andy Mitchell, Corey Leslie and Laura Holley are sharing the leadership of the service, Katie Adams is coordinating the music team, James Docking will lead us in intercessory prayer, Zach Moore and James Hayes are on audio/data, Lauren Morgan and Steph Ward are bringing supper and Andy Mitchell is the convener.
PRAYER and ACTION
- What’s next with CHRISTIANITY EXPLORED? www.christianityexplored.org.
- Invite people to come along, and join them so that you can talk about it with them afterwards – be in prayer about the people you believe God wants you to invite. Invitations are available in the foyer, use them to invite others.
- Pray about the whole series and its impact on individuals and the church.
- If you want to be on the team – help with welcoming, catering, setting up, packing up – let Grace Munro in the Church office know, 9853 3292, email@example.com.
- Maybe make a donation so that we can provide free meals and resources for participants. Put a labelled gift in the offering, or do a direct transfer, labelled ‘CE gift’. (By the way, you can give your regular offerings direct to the church account also, but labelled ‘Offering’.)
- If you don’t yet have the dates down – Tuesday evenings, 7-9pm, in the hall, May 8 to June 19, starting with a meal, then discussion, DVD, etc. And, on June 16, a day session, 9.30-3.30.
- HOSPITALITY LUNCHES, 29 April. This is when everyone in the church is invited out for lunch, and is great for getting to know people from other KBC congregations. When you receive an invitation, please respond quickly, preferably with a ‘Yes, and what would you like me to bring?” Any info from Laura Holley, as she, with Deirdre Willis, has arranged for the sending out of invitations.
- STUDENT RESIDENCE FAMILIES WEEKENDis 5-6 May. There will be Church-Res-Families footy and netball matches on Sunday afternoon, 6 May.
- If you want to be in the Church football team, see Corey Leslie.
- If you want to be in the Church Netball team, see Laura Holley.
- MOVED – From 13 May, we will follow a sermon/small group series for four weeks. It highlights the centrality of mission to our faith, develops awareness of current global mission issues and encourages a personal and community response. See the info in the brochure. Will your small group participate? Will you be part of a new group? Speak with Sarah Trebilcock.
- THE GATHERING OF THE CHURCH. NC comprises half of our Church community, and is a vital part of it. We need to be more involved in the discussion, prayer and decision-making of the church. So,
- We plan to have our May Church Gathering at 5-6.30pm, 20 May, followed by a meal together (6.30-7.15) before NightChurch begins. We will learn more about, and pray about, tentative plans for the appointment of staff, adjusting our property to enhance our ministry potential, and more.
- If you would like to help organise a simple meal for this, maybe a sausage sizzle, please let us know. Volunteers welcome! Further info to come.
- CAMP FOR MEN: Luke Gibbons writes, “Just want to let you know about a camp coming up for Men aged over 18 in the King Valley looking at issues around sexuality. We get a lot of messages about the world’s view of sex in our daily lives but spend very little time talking about sex when it comes to our faith – I see this camp as an opportunity to challenge that, to be real with one another, to learn how to treat our sisters with dignity & respect and to encourage each other to be more effective disciples of Jesus. There will also be some sweet manly activities on Saturday afternoon too – so check out the facebook page and book it in your calendar. Hope to see you there!” May 26- 27, King River Camp, Cheshunt. A few NC men are in already!
- TEACHERS OF ENGLISH: Laura Baker noted that teachers of English are needed for short-term visits to Asia. Please contact her.
- STATE YOUTH GAMES, June 8-11. If you would like to be involved, speak with Ash Moore.
- KIRRILY SCHWARZ will be a saxophonist at the Australian Youth Band, and needs to raise some funds to help with this. She is selling chocolates for this purpose – and to delight our taste-buds.
- NICHOLAS AND AMANDA are taking a bit of a holiday, from 22-29 April. Pray they will have a relaxing, renewing time in the wilds of Tasmania.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK: Good Report at http://good-report.com is an online newspaper with content that focuses on “Good News, Uplifting Articles, Stories of Faith and Positive Views”.
ITEMS FOR NIGHTCHURCH NEWS: Steve Pattison