THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We are having a night of Prayer & Worship. Alice Foote is leading the service, Lauren Morgan is organising the music team, Stefan van Boxtel and Phil Prior are on audio/data, Coby Docking will lead in prayer, Chris Davies will be providing supper, and Rachael Atkinson is convening. Thanks everyone.
HOSPITALITY SUNDAY: This Sunday (26 April), we will be gathering across various homes in our church community to share meals together. If you missed out on an invitation for some reason, and would still like to go to a lunch or dinner at someone’s home, please speak to Deirdre Willis.
WEEK OF PRAYER: Join us at one of the Prayer Breakfasts this week (Mon-Fri, 7-8am in The Lounge), and/or sign up for a timeslot in the 24hr Prayer Gathering across Sat 25 Apr – Sun 26 Apr. www.facebook.com/events/452222738267386
- Christianity Explored: Wednesdays, 6:30-9pm at the Manse. Do you really know what 1.5 billion Christians around the world really believe? Perhaps you have just tracked along at church because your parents wanted you to, but aren’t really sure what you think or believe. Maybe you are an open-minded person who wants to add to your knowledge. Or maybe you are a Christian and want to explore some foundations to your faith. In Term 2, Nicholas & Amanda Tuohy will host a Christianity Explored course at their house (next door to church). Come over for dinner in a relaxed and friendly environment for 6-8 weeks to explore the Christian faith and any questions you may have. Good food promised (Nick is a former chef), everybody welcome, and it’s free! Sign up through church office: email@example.com
- Context Conference: Saturday 2 May, 9am-6pm at Queens College (University of Melbourne, Parkville). Be equipped to understand the Christian worldview, and to interact with the other worldviews that shape our culture. Context is a day-long conference for tertiary students to assist them in the integration of their Christian faith, their studies and their future vocations. Speakers include: Mark Sayers, Peter Corney, Erica Hamence, Chris Mulherin, Kara Martin. Cost $30 (includes lunch). facebook.com/contextconf
- Soccer and Netball: As part of the Student Res Family Weekend, there will be mixed netball and mixed soccer matches held in the afternoon on Saturday 2 May at Sacred Heart Primary School on Cotham Rd. If you would like to play for one of the church teams, please contact Amy Hunter (netball) or Graeme Younger (soccer). Everyone welcome!
- State Youth Games: June 5-8 in Warragul. Sign up to the Kew Baps team here: www.facebook.com/groups/kewsyg15
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
- Hope for Boroondara: You may be surprised to hear, but in Melbourne there are hundreds, if not thousands of individuals and families who are struggling to make ends meet. Some are homeless, some have just hit hard times through unemployment and are under financial stress. Each year churches in Boroondara unite for a food drive to collect food gifts from residents for those struggling. Last year almost $30,000 of food was collected. Here’s what we need: 3-4 hrs total over two weekends where you will travel in groups of 4 to drop off bags one week, and pick up bags and food the following week. Clear maps and directions are provided as are bags with instructions for householders inside. Please get involved to help people struggling in our city and make a real difference in their lives. Sign up through church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAT HUNTER: Last Sunday we had the privilege of hearing Mat Hunter share about his call to mission in Africa. During May, we are aiming to raise $5,000 as a church to support Mat’s upcoming term in Chad. We encourage you to give towards this by marking gifts to “Chad Mission” (either by direct online giving or in the Sunday offering envelopes). We also encourage individuals to prayerfully consider pledging ongoing financial support for Mat’s 18 month term.
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). Put it in your schedule and start the day with worship, prayer, food and friends at KBC. Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.