THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: Paul Pallot will be speaking on “Knowing & Loving God: Living Justly”. Caitlyn Pryse is leading the service, Mike Follent is organising the music team, Jono Davenport will lead in prayer, Tom Parkinson and Lachlan Hogan are on audio/data, Dan Kusnyer will be providing supper, and Marny Croot is convening. Thanks everyone.
NIGHTCHURCH CAMP: Friday 28 November – Sunday 30 November. Mark the dates in your diary! More details will be coming soon.
SUMMER MISSION: With so many NightChurchers heading off on various missions/camps/etc over summer, we’d like to put together a bit of a ‘mission diary’ so we can commit as a church to praying for these events as they happen. So if you’re involved in some sort of summer mission (eg. beach mission, ESA, Red Frogs, many others!), then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know where you’re going and when – we’d love to pray for you!
KEWMUNITY OF WOMEN: The next women’s event will be on Sunday 26 October, 3:30pm at Alexandra Park (Cotham Rd, Kew). Come along, bring a friend, something good to eat. We want it to be a space where we can meet each other, form deeper relationships and glorify our Father. We’ll hang out, do something fun, and then head to church around 5ish.
CARRICAL BBQ: Every month a team from Kew Baptist rocks up to Carrical Rooming House on a Saturday night and puts on a BBQ for the guys there. The residents of Carrical are a community of vulnerable people, many of whom have struggled with homelessness, mental illness or substance abuse. We’re looking for people who are able to help out for a BBQ this Saturday as at the moment we don’t have anyone available to put one on. If money is the issue, we have Coles gift cards which can be used to buy the food for it. It would really be good to be able to put a BBQ on this week and also continue doing them next year, so if you have an interest in homelessness, housing, or forming relationships with people in the local community, then please contact Grace Loh.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
- Help would be much appreciated on Saturday 25 October, when a number of large items will be moved from Kew BC to North Balwyn BC, during a Possums working bee (8:30-12:30). Even an hour of your time would be great, especially from those with muscle, or from anyone with a trailer or ute that they could make available. All offers of help will be very welcome.
- You may or may not have heard that we are currently refurbishing the Velvet Lounge in the Hall. The project is being led by Glen Nguyen, who is a deacon with our Vietnamese congregation. He needs 4 volunteers to help with painting the ceiling and window frames on Saturday 1 November. If you can help, even for an hour or two, please get in touch with the office.
- On Sunday 7 December, we have the Kew Community Carols. We need people to get involved – helping on the day with setting up, sausage sizzle, activities for kids, and other bits and pieces. Please see Phil Prior or Nicholas Tuohy if you want to get involved or you have some ideas for the day.
- Evangelism Training with Dennis Pethers: Thursday 23 October at Balwyn Baptist Church. Cost is $10 per session.
o Addressing the Crisis of Confidence in Evangelism, 11am – 3pm (lunch provided)
o Get Inspired to Share your Faith in New Ways, 7pm – 9.30pm
- Film Screening ‘Father of Lights’: Thursday 23 October, 7pm at Ringwood Church of Christ (www.facebook.com/events/812449945442764)
- Conscience on Collins: Tuesday 28 October, 6pm at Collins St Baptist Church. ‘Hope In Troubled Times’ – Julian Burnside, Ash Barker, and Zoe Daniel each share their vision for the future. Entry $10 in support of Urban Seed (https://www.facebook.com/events/793495047353461)
- Tunes Under The Tree: Saturday 22 November, 3pm onwards at The House. #TUTT is back and this time bigger than before! More details to come (https://www.facebook.com/events/645631552221154)
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
PRAYER: There is prayer at the back of the church at 5pm every Sunday. We’d love you to join with us in this important ministry!
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.