This Week @ NightChurch
We will have a night of ‘Sharing Our Stories’, with the Vietnamese congregation sharing about their ‘With A Mission’ initiative, and others sharing about last week’s Remain Festival. Rachel Bakker is leading the service, Dave Powys is organising the music team, Tim Mitchell and Phil Prior are on audio/data, Coby Docking will lead in prayer, TBC will be providing supper, Marny Croot and Simon Pickering will be available for prayer after the service, and Janine Hindle is convening. Thanks everyone.
- Res/Church Footy Day: Saturday 26 September at Glenferrie Oval (Linda Crescent, Hawthorn). There will be a round-robin competition between Res, Ex-Res, Ex-Ex-Res and Church teams for the men, and a women’s game which will be played before the men’s final. Turn up from 9:30am, games will begin at 10am. All are welcome to play, help out, or simply enjoy the day. facebook.com/events/619321581538310
- Res Coach: Graeme Younger
- Ex-Res Coach: Brian Allen
- Ex-Ex-Res Coach: Andy Hunter
- Church Coach: James Docking
- Women’s Coach: Rachel Bakker
- Love Abbotsford: Sunday 27 September, 12-4:30pm at 229 Hoddle St, Collingwood. Our event also coincides with a similar activities day celebration that a community health group (Co-Health) have organised for the housing residents to celebrate Eid Al Adha (a Muslim celebration). So we have joined our events and are hosting the activities day together. We really need more people from KBC to help out on the day. Please contact Mary-Anne Philip if you can make it, so she will have an idea of who will be there. We particularly need people to help with face-painting, sports, and just hanging out with the kids and parents who come.
Term 4 Series: Fruitfulness on the Frontlines
How can we be fruitful in our faith? How can we show and share Christ’s wisdom and love with the people we meet out in the places we usually find ourselves – at the shops or at university, at work or at home? The Fruitfulness on the Frontline series will offer a fresh, simple framework for discovering a rich variety of ways in which God may work in us and through us right where we are.
In Term 4 we are inviting both Morning Church and NightChurch to participate together in a very practical, empowering and valuable series. Your Frontline is the place(s) where you spend significant time through the week in contact with non-Christians. Over 8 weeks we will explore the following:
4/10 The Big Picture: What does it mean that Jesus is Lord over all?
11/10 Model Godly Character: Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit in our lives
18/10 Making Good Work: Contributing to human flourishing
25/10 Ministering Grace & Love: Showing care and compassion to others
01/11 Moulding Culture: Living our kingdom values in influential ways
08/11 Mouthpiece for Truth & Justice: Speaking out against unfairness
15/11 Messenger of the Gospel: Sharing what Jesus has done in your life
22/11 The Journey On: Bringing it all together
The first and last sessions are to be engaged just in Small Groups, while the middle 6 sessions will take place on Sundays and Small Group sessions midweek. We are encouraging all current Small Groups to use the DVD and follow up material, and we will form new groups as needed for the series. Each session includes an 8-13 minute film, a Bible study, discussion questions and a takeaway action to help connect the theme to your frontline. The Discussion Guides will be available in the church foyer. You can also join a Small Group just for the series too.
Tuesday Prayer Breakfast
We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). We are serving porridge (delicious!) as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
A reminder that you can give your offering via direct transfer to the church account.
Items for NightChurch News
Church Office: email@example.com, 9853 3292