THIS WEEK @ NIGHTCHURCH: We continue our series on the book of Daniel, with Nicholas Tuohy preaching on ‘Worship: The Power of 1+ God’. Paul Pallot is leading the service, Dave Powys is organising the music team, Stefan van Boxtel and James Crawford are on audio/data, Jane Horton will lead in prayer, Josie Caire and Leonie Marshman will be providing supper, and Bree Monahan is convening. Thanks everyone.
- Quarterly Church Gathering: Sunday 31 May, 11am in the hall. One of the really great things about being a Baptist Church is that we value participation and inclusion from everyone in the church on what we believe God is saying to us and where God is leading us. At Sunday’s meeting, we will be looking at some proposals for Family Ministry, as well as approving a budget for 2015-16 and nominating deacons (leadership team members). Please plan to be there!
- Equip: Discipleship, Mentoring & Leadership: Thursday 11 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We welcome back Peter Corney for the second session in our series of leadership training nights, with the aim of encouraging and equipping people in the church to be better leaders and followers of Christ by being mentored and taught by mature and wise Christian leaders. $5 donation invited. RSVP Mon 8 June. facebook.com/events/819880271439629
- Love Abbotsford: Sunday 14 June, 12:30-4:30pm at the Housing Estates at 229 Hoddle St. The usual BBQ, music, face painting, sports… anything else you want to include. It will be a chance to continue to build relationships with the people there. Contact Mary-Anne Philip for more info. Everyone welcome!
- Highbury Tri-Mingle: Saturday 20 June, 7:30pm in the hall. We are joining with our neighbours from Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church for a night of trivia and mingling! $10 entry donation, with all funds going to Spur Afrika, a charity which seeks to transform the lives in the Kibera slums (Nairobi, Kenya). www.facebook.com/events/640078929460912
- Immersion Conference: 26-27 June at NewHope Community Centre (3-7 Springfield Rd, Blackburn). Immersion is a two-day conference about consumerism in Australia and how we, as consumers, can make more ethical choices to help our global neighbours. Run by International Needs Australia and Unshackled. For more information, see: www.immersion.org.au
FOOD FOR SYG: The organising committee of State Youth Games is looking for some volunteers who would be willing to help provide food for morning tea, afternoon tea and supper for SYG. If you are able to help by baking muffins, slices or biscuits, or by purchasing something to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Rachel Bakker if you can help.
PRAYER BREAKFASTS: We run a weekly Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday mornings, 7-8am in The Lounge (upstairs in the hall). With winter just around the corner, we will now be serving porridge as part of breakfast – something to warm you up before you face the rest of the day. Don’t miss out! Remember you can also join our 5pm prayer gathering on Sundays before the service in the church building.
TITHING: A reminder that you can give your weekly offering via direct debit to the church account.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.