NIGHTCHURCH NEWS, 6 NOVEMBER
THIS WEEK: Ronnie Coffey is leading our service, and Nicholas is speaking on Four stages of the Heart, Mark 4:1020. Corey is organising someone to lead the music team; Phil Prior and James Hayes are on audio/data, Laura and Tom Holley are bringing supper, and Andy Mitchell is the convener.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jane Watson who turns 21 on Wednesday.
· It’s Movember! If you can, grow a mo. If you can’t, support someone who does. Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in Australia and around the world. The aim is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men. See info and register: http://au.movember.com.
· Katie Ward is in a circus show, Scape, Nov 2 to 5 at 8pm (additional matinee show on the 5th at 2pm). Tickets are $15 adult, $10 concession, $8 for groups of 8 or more. Reserve tickets by emailing Scapebookings@hotmail.com, or talk to Katie Ward.
· Urban Seed Street Heart Arts Launch, Friday November 4, 4.30-6pm, Labuan Square, Norlane (Geelong).
· KBC Anniversary service and lunch, combined with Vietnamese congregation, Sunday 6 November, 10am, with Marita Munro of Whitley College as the speaker. Lunch – please bring finger food for main course or sweets. All are welcome to come!
· Monday Nov 7th is our first Leadership Community Night where the deacons and other ministry leaders will come together for discussion, teaching, prayer, and planning. Please pray for Nicholas as he prepares for and leads this night, and that it would be encouraging, strengthening, and a blessing to the leaders at KBC.
· NightChurch Camp 11-13 November, at Daniel Lansdown’s property at Buninyong. Leave Friday afternoon/evening, return Sunday afternoon. Bring $30 and give it to Corey. Still plenty of time to do so. Make sure you get booked in with Corey. If you have a largish tent you can share/lend, please let Corey know.
· Sleepout and farewell Krista Celle, 6pm, 19 November. Krista is heading off to Darwin for next year, and she has decided that her farewell event will double as an event to raise money for Melbourne City Mission. For a donation, people can sleep over in the backyard of the pre-arranged house. All are invited to the BBQ (BYO meat) and there will be dancing and fun times. The theme for the night is Medical.
· Student Residence end-of-year service, Sunday 20 November, 7pm at NightChurch.
· Quarterly Church Meeting, Sunday 27 November, lunch at 11.15am, followed by the meeting in the hall.
· Interested in Islam and want to learn more? On Saturday 3 December, 10.30am-4pm, there will be a Quran Exhibition, presented by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association of Victoria, at Chisholm Cranbourne, New Holland Drive Cranbourne. Presentations of the Quran 11 am and 2pm – registration required as seating is limited, RSVP by 21 November, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Children’s service, 10am Sunday 4 December, and Carols in the Park, 7.30pm in Petrie Square, featuring the Gloria Carols’ Group and the Men’s choir! See Mary-Anne Philip for GCG, Mat Hunter for the Men’s group.
Emily Hanscamp writes: Hi wonderful Kew Baptist friends! I would like to invite you to be part of an awareness and fundraising event for Asha India “Creators by Candlelight”. This event will have music, dance and spoken word performers, open mic, stalls to buy Christmas gifts and a raffle. We would LOVE and appreciate your help and support for this event if you are able to donate anything for the raffle (skills/lessons/labor/vouchers), or items for the stalls (food, paintings, hampers,crafts, second hand clothing etc…..) and also to come along to the event for Christmas shopping, great performers, and perhaps contribute a performance at the open mic! Creators by Candlelight: Friday 2nd December at Northcote Uniting Church Hall, 7:30pm. Please let me know if you can help out? we need ya! Em Hanscamp: email@example.com.”
· A neighbour of Liz Pell is looking for a house sitter for three weeks from mid-November. It involves feeding an unsociable cat and feeding and daily exercising a friendly dog. Contact Liz.
· Katie Ward has a room to rent over the summer from late November to late January in Balwyn. $120 per week, includes Internet, bills, etc. In Balwyn, close to shops, public transport, library, parks, etc. Contains two lovely housemates. If you or anyone you know is interested, let Katie know.
· Abbie Thompson is looking for accommodation/housemates for next year somewhere near Kew or Burwood.
· Naomi Rock announced on Sunday that there may be some rooms available in the house she lives in.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK
LightDigital at www.lightdigital.com.au is a Melbourne Christian radio station broadcasting on digital radio and online. They are currently testing and plan to have an official launch on the 1st of December.
That’s all for this edition of NightChurch News – Steve Pattison.