Kew Baptist Church has a broad and inclusive leadership structure, with many people given opportunity to use and enhance their God-given gifts within community life.
- The congregation gathers four times a year (and more often as necessary) in the “church meeting” to discern what God is wanting the church to be and do, and to make decisions aimed to align our direction with God’s. The church meeting is responsible for appointing pastors and other leaders.
- Under the leadership of the pastor, the members of the pastoral team have considerable freedom as they use their gifts to build up the church and minister to people who are not part of the church community.
- A group of deacons are elected by the church membership, and provide spiritual and practical leadership in partnership with the pastoral team.
- Numerous people are involved in leading worship services, preaching, being facilitators for small groups, teaching Sunday School and youth Bible Studies, and much more.
IN THE LIGHT OF THE WORD OF GOD, AND IN RESPONSE TO GOD’S ACCEPTANCE, LOVE AND FORGIVENESS DEMONSTRATED IN THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST’S PERFECT LIFE, SACRIFICIAL DEATH, AND VICTORIOUS RESURRECTION, WE THE PEOPLE OF KEW BAPTIST CHURCH COVENANT TO:
Strengthen our relationship with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by:
- Honouring God
- Depending on God
- Living under God’s direction
- Learning from God
Nurture our relationships with each other in Kew Baptist Church by:
- Affirming one another
- Challenging one another
- Celebrating diversity
- Empowering to serve
- Forgiving one another
- Gathering together
- Giving generously
Develop authentic and intentional relationships with others outside Kew Baptist Church by:
- Sharing our experience of God
- Pointing people to Jesus.
- Living with integrity
- Loving others as they are
- Fighting Injustice
- Giving practical aid
Acknowledging our constant need of God’s guidance, strength and forgiveness, we affirm this covenant.